Monday, December 17, 2012

Lesli's Lists: Chocolate


Cokolada, chocolade, chocolat, la cioccolata, chocolate.

No matter how you pronounce it chocolate always sounds wonderful. I am a chocoholic. There, I have said it. I could give up chocolate but I am not a quitter. Finding chocolate (products) while travelling can be easy, such as pain au chocolate in France. How can you have a cafĂ© au lait without one? 


Other countries, such as Nepal, not so easy. Stale Cadbury chocolate bars sustained me on some pretty grueling trekking days. A chocolate sundae near Connaught Place in Delhi did wonders for my tummy, and roasted bananas stuffed with chocolate in the Sahara desert were heavenly and I don’t even eat bananas!  Following is my guide to chocoholic heaven:
  • Chocolate Buffet – Sutton Place Hotel, Vancouver
  • Sachertorte – Hotel Sacher, Vienna
  • The Swiss Chocolate Train – need I say more?
  • Churros dipped in chocolate – Chocolateria San Gines, Madrid
  • Red Velvet Chocolate Cupcakes – Magnolia Bakery, NYC
  • Cioccolato Caldo – Chocolate Festival Turin (February)
  • Maya Chocolate flavoured with chili peppersMexico
  • Chocolate Hotel – eat, breathe, and sleep chocolate, Bournemouth, England
  • Chocolate Nemesis Cake – Chocolate Ecstasy Tour, London, England
     - Lesli

No comments:

Post a Comment