Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Exploring the Grand Canyon


The Grand Canyon had been on my bucket list for years and Bruce and I finally got the chance to experience it in October of 2010. We drove down from Vancouver, arriving at Grand Canyon Village at sunset. The next morning we got up early and took a hike down into the canyon from the Grand View. It was such a treat to hike down in the early morning with the sun coming up changing the look of the canyon as we hiked down.

You can walk for 10 minutes, an hour or a day. If you really want to get out and experience the wilderness you can also camp. The Grand Canyon is really quiet and peaceful. I was amazed at how in such a short time we were on our own, exploring without a person in sight. It was an experience that I won’t soon forget and I highly recommend it to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment